Sigma Technology regularly takes part in activities that contribute to a sustainable future, by supporting innovation and development through education. We do that in close cooperation with universities by driving innovation, through exchange programs, and on a voluntary basis as teachers. We open up doors for students who want to learn about entrepreneurship or a specific industry, or simply want to acquire a competitive skill in a certain area.
We also actively support the younger generations by sponsoring a school in South Africa as part of the Star for Life program. The school fights the spread of HIV and provides a unique level of education. Sigma Technology also sponsors the most promising students, enabling them to access higher education. Star for Life was created in 2005 by Christin and Dan Olofsson, owner of the Sigma Group, and since then has touched the lives of 300,000 young people. Read more about our involvement in Star for Life project.
Besides sponsoring Star for Life, we promote innovation and education by supporting the following activities:
- One-year exchange program between Kharkiv National University of Radioelectronics (Ukraine) and Linnaeus University (Sweden): entrepreneurial and business development studies for Ukrainian students
- Cooperation with Peking University (China): teacher training programs, technical writing, and technical English courses, and on-the-job training programs for interns in Beijing
- Information Quality: the research project with Linnaeus University (Sweden), a pilot project which Ericsson and Sigma publicly founded
- Internet of Things: cooperation with Malmö University (Sweden)
- Infocommunication Techniques course: cooperation with Óbuda University in Budapest, Hungary
This report presents the disclosures of 2020. It is our best estimation of the sustainability impact of our organization and its activities. We have presented these facts in accordance with the GRI Standards: Core option. Our goal is to enable all stakeholders to get a transparent view of who we are and how we do things, in order to achieve a smaller footprint and a better world.