Experienced Technical Writer/Information Engineer
- USA - San Jose
- Information Design
Are you an engineer with an interest in writing? Do you want to work in a challenging technology area delivering high-quality documentation?
Do you want to be a part of a growing, global organization delivering top notch technical information? Then you would probably be perfect as an Information Engineer at Sigma Technology!
We are looking for skilled technical writers to work closely with their cross-functional teams in Silicon Valley’s best companies. As a technical writer at Sigma Technology, you will be part of a team that ensures our customers’ products can be installed, used, and serviced. We provide the right information to the right audience through multiple delivery channels.
We need writers with excellent research and writing skills, who are able to find, assimilate, and communicate information quickly, accurately, and completely. You’re comfortable learning about the product by working directly in the development environment, by building relationships with your subject matter experts. You must be able to handle multiple changing priorities and requirements, as well as accommodate unplanned deliverables or activities. As a consultant to our customers, you show exceptional interpersonal and teamwork skills. You’re innovative and able to recommend suggestions for improving speed, quality, and productivity. As a member of the project team, you’re able to assess and communicate risks and dependencies, recommend appropriate mitigations, and escalate appropriately to project stakeholders. Ideally, you know DITA and you’re familiar with component content management systems, and you have basic information architecture skills.
• Technical background: MSc, BSc, or similar
• Excellent English skills, both written and spoken
• General knowledge of TCP/IP networks or telecom networks
You might be a fit for some of our most technical roles, which require these additional skills:
• Familiarity with programming languages like C/C++.
• Strong grasp of the aspects of the audience, market, and product that influence an effective content strategy for API/SDK documentation.
• Proven ability to simplify abstract or architectural concepts.
• Familiarity with tools such as Doxygen, Javadoc, or Swagger to extract comments from the source code.
• Challenging work within diverse global teams working on the cutting edge of technology.
• Full-time position with benefits
Input your competence and experience details at http://profiler.sigmatechnology.se, and we will contact you if your profile matches our requirements.
For more information, contact Niklas Börjesson Niklas.firstname.lastname@example.org