- USA - San Jose
- Other Areas
Come join Sigma Technology team – a fast growing business in Silicon Valley – as an Electrical Mechanical Technician.
We want enthusiastic candidates who will bring their knowledge and experience to our production team. This position is an outstanding opportunity to learn from and work with experts making a science out of designing and building complex equipment.
An ideal candidate will perform a variety of complex technical operations on the production and development equipment for the semiconductor and other related industries. Candidate will be troubleshooting complex electrical and control systems on the production floor and at customer’s facilities.
• Build complex electrical assemblies, including panel layout, cables, and wiring to schematics.
• Build complex mechanical assemblies, including drilling, tapping, and using common tools. Must be able to build to mechanical assembly drawings.
• Bring up machines during assembly and start-up including the I/O checkout and the troubleshooting of electrical, software, and control system problems.
• Travel to customer facilities to install new equipment, and troubleshoot electrical, software and control issues with existing installed equipment Troubleshoot PLC, motion control, and I/O subsystems using PC-based software, and electrical meter.
• Prototyping experience in a production work environment.
• 5+ years of experience working as an E/M technician.
• Solid knowledge of electrical and mechanical troubleshooting.
• Ability to interpret electrical and mechanical CAD drawings and blueprints.
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced team environment.
• Ability to manage multiple projects in parallel, balancing workload and priorities and insure timely completion of projects.
• Candidate should have good interpersonal skills and work well in a team environment.
• A degree in electronics, industrial, or mechanical is preferred.
• Experience writing or debugging PLC ladder logic.
• Military electrician technical training.
Sigma Technology is part of Sigma, and is a global supplier of engineering solutions, including software development, product information, and embedded solutions. We are experts with a passion for technology and information, and take pride in delivering quality and constantly improving our deliveries.
Input your competence and experience details at http://profiler.sigmatechnology.se and we will contact you if your profile matches our needs.
For questions and more information, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org